RELA SUPPORT SERVICES has been working with young people in Kent since 2006 and has worked with over 250 young people referred to us by several Local Authorities in the Southeast and Midlands. Our specialist experience, combined with our empathetic approach has enabled us to support young people with extremely challenging behaviour, persistent offenders, drugs and/or alcohol dependants with significant success.
Testimonials of our service can be accessed here…
- To provide live-in support for vulnerable young persons currently within the Social Services Care System at the most convenient of our units within areas we operate.
- To promote self-image by encouraging a high standard of personal hygiene and self-presentation.
- To help the service user to acquire basic literacy and numeracy skills where required.
- To give advice on job hunting by assisting with application forms and interview techniques.
- To accompany service users to medical appointments, job interviews etc.
- To encourage the service users to develop social skills via specific programmes.
- To accompany service users on social activities.
- To encourage the service user how and when to take their medication.
- To provide emotional support on an ad-hoc basis.
- To encourage service user to follow an agreed behavioural programme.
- To provide basic advice to help motivate the service user to plan, prepare and cook meals safely.
- To enable the service user to plan their weekly shopping.
- To enable the service user develop and maintain a budget and manage their finances.
- To enable service user to access appropriate funding services as applicable.
- To motivate and enable the service user to ensure accommodation is kept in good repair, (dealing with minor repairs and cleaning their living space appropriately)
- To help the user maintain security of their home through advice and practical guidance.
- To provide advice on benefits where appropriate.You can download a Referral Form here…